So, our garage doors were in SAD shape. The bottom panel of both doors had like a 2-3' hole in the outer skin, exposing the insulation. It was caused by years of water dripping out of the gutters, onto the cement & splashing the doors (gutter is now fixed). I wish I had "before" pics; they were really awful! New doors, in our "custom size" are about $1,000 which would absolutely murder our summer home improvement budget, so I decided to put a fascia on the doors instead.
We bought a few 4'x8'x1/8" sheets of melamine, which I think is the material the doors are made of anyway. I had Shovel rip them down to 2'x8' pieces, then I painted them. Once the paint was dry, I liquid nailed them over the garage door panels, then used my air nailer to secure them. It looked WAAAAYY better, but I thought they still needed something.
I looked at a lot of photos online and love the carriage style doors, but they're a fortune, so I thought I'd just fake it! I drew, digitized and cut the hinges & handles out of vinyl, then hand painted the windows on. They look amazing! It changed the look of the whole building! I also replaced a bunch of the brick moulding around the garage doors and put new moulding around the man-door because there wasn't any & it looked like crap.
Now, we can put some of that budget toward getting our driveway re-leveled & new gravel put in. Yay!
Pieces cut & painted
Pieces in place
"Hinges" in place and my makeshift plumb bob to mark the center line
Masking off the "windows"
A close up of one of the doors
And, the overall look
I'm so happy with the result and it only cost about $50!